As one of the few tertiary qualified animal chiropractors, Dr Frederic Cappon is in high demand from both the racing industry and pet owners. Following his 5 year chiropractic degree (RMIT, 1995), Dr Cappon completed a further 2 year Graduate Diploma in Animal Chiropractic from RMIT (Melb, 2009). A wide variety of vertebrates ranging from cats and dogs to horses, alpacas and donkeys can benefit from chiropractic care. Treatment modalities include gentle mobilisation, acupuncture, stretching exercises and home advice.
Some common conditions that an Animal Chiropractor might treat:
- Muscle spasms and nerve pain
- Jaw or TMJ problems, difficulty chewing
- Event or sports injuries
- Post surgical care
- Injuries from slips, falls and accidents
- Maintenance of joint and spinal health
- Uneven muscle development
- Performance or movement problems
- Behavioural issues
- Older age, osteoarthritis, DJD
Spinal problems in pets can be seen as lameness, poor athletic performance, difficulty getting up, inability to run or walk or be as a result of arthritis. Chiropractic can often provide good relief to arthritic and injured animals. Animals are scheduled at the end of each shift, to make an appointment please contact the clinic by phone on
(08) 9300 1132 as we cannot accept online bookings for this service.